Most people never give a second thought to the battery of their car. Until it runs out of charge that is. There could be many reasons for a car battery to run out of charge.
For instance if your alternator isn’t working properly, you battery could only be getting partly charged when you’re driving and this could cause your car not to start the next time you need to go somewhere.
Another reason why your battery may be drained is because you left your lights on when you stepped out of your car. In fact this is probably the most common reason for dead batteries. Now while this could be super annoying (especially if you don’t have jumper cables with you), there is a solution.
But in a world with Pro GripTyres you can still be on time and you don’t have to cancel your plans. Just call us and we will be there as quickly as possible to jump start your car.
Quick Tips For Jump-starting Your Car:
- Buy jump cables, always have them in your vehicle. You never know when you need help or can help someone else to jump start.
- Get the vehicles as close as possible. Before doing that you need to check where the battery of your car is, some cars have the battery in the trunk while others have it in the hood of their car.
- Be sure to put both cars in neutral, with the engines both killed, and the parking brakes set.
- Before opening the hood locate the hood stand and pull it out of the clip, and now your hood can stand up safely with the hood stand.
- When locating the battery, identify the positive and negative terminals. Look for + or POS and / or NEG. you can also identify the terminals by looking at the diameter of the post. The positive post is larger than the negative post.
- Attach the black cable first. Attach the black negative clamp to the negative terminal in the car with the good battery. After this attach the other black clamp to an unpainted metal part in the engine compartment. After this it is time for the red cable. In the car with the good battery attach the red positive clamp to the positive terminal. Attach the other red clamp to the positive terminal on the dead battery.
- When starting the vehicle with the good battery let it run for a while first before starting the vehicle with the dead battery. After this let both of the vehicles run for a while.
- Remove the cables in the same order you connected them.
For the battery to get a good charge you need to let the engine run and drive the car for more than 15 minutes before shutting it down. ProGripTyres is very cheap so it wouldn’t be a problem calling us. Call us, we will jump start your vehicle for you.